REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
July 25, 2018
Women United, an affinity group of United Way of Greater Portland, is announcing a funding opportunity for programs working with single mothers and their children in the East Bayside neighborhood of Greater Portland. Women United seeks to invest in programs that: implement a two-generation strategy to reduce poverty and utilize a collaborative approach to working with community partners.
Click here for the full RFP and application.
Submitted proposals should address how the program aligns with the core principals of Women United and Thrive2027 goals. Please contact Bethany Campbell at email@example.com with questions.
Amount: 1 or more awards between $25,000 – $50,000 (minimum award $10,000)
Funding Period: one year from date of award
Deadline for Submission: September 5, 2018
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 5, 2018.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- 1 PDF version of the application emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 page limit
If you have questions or would like to request a copy of the application, please call or email Bethany Campbell at email@example.com or 207-347-2341.
Women United, an affinity group of United Way of Greater Portland, is an influential force for the advancement of low-income, single mothers and their children in Greater Portland and is comprised of women business, philanthropic and volunteer leaders. Through investment, volunteerism, and advocacy, Women United leads critical work in support of the three tenets of two-generation programming: Early Childhood Education (ages 0-8); Family Economic Supports; and Family Development and Social Capital.
Women United is aligned with Thrive2027 and leverages United Way of Greater Portland’s rich history, resources, knowledge, and relationships to achieve results. Thrive2027 is a set of three, ten-year goals created by and for the community of Greater Portland. Collectively, the goals serve as a blueprint:
- To give our kids a strong start
- To empower our neighbors to thrive – not just survive,
- To help us all live longer, better lives.
Women United Investment Philosophy:
- Women partnering with women to strengthen the fabric of our community.
- Realigning systems to advance moms and kids.
- Expanding horizons by building confidence and community.
Download the full RFP and application.